ID SCOPUS: 6603661460
ID ORCID: 0000-0003-0266-8736
DATE OF BIRTH: 06.12.1937
PLACE OF BIRTH: Yoshkar-Ola, Mari El Republic
Institute of Ecology and Evolution at the Russian Academy of Sciences.
33, Leninsky Prospekt
119071 Moscow, Russia
Tel.: +7 (499) 1352164
D.Sc., Professor, Senior Researcher Institute of Ecology and Evolution, Russian Academy of Sciences.
Chief Research Fellow
- land ecosystems and roles of mammals in the functioning;
- food ecology and dynamics of herbivore mammals populations;
- trophic relations of herbivore mammals and plants;
- natural mechanisms of mammal quantitative dynamics.
ACADEMIC AWARDS AND GRANTS
1994 – 2015: grants of the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, fundamental research grants of the Presidium of the Russian Academy of Sciences (‘Living nature: current state and development issues’), grants of the Biology Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences (‘Bio-resources of Russia: dynamics in global climatic and anthropogenic influences’)
16 Candidates of Biological Sciences
MEMBERSHIPS IN PROFESSIONAL COMMUNITIES
Russian Theriology Society
Moscow Society of Naturalists
MEMBERSHIP IN EDITORIAL BOARDS
Volga Ecology Journal
INVITED AND PLENARY REPORTS AT CONFERENCES
TOTAL NUMBER OF PUBLICATIONS:
237, including 4 monographs
- Abaturov B.D. Influence of steppe lemming on soil and plant cover of dry deserts in Kazakhstan. News of the Moscow Society of Naturalists. Biology Series, 1964, 69 (6), 24-35.
- Abaturov B.D. Influence of mole (Talpaeuropaea L/) digging activities on soil cover and plants in broad-leafed and pine forest. Pedobiologia, Bd. 8. 1968. S. 239-264.
- Abaturov B.D. Mechanisms of natural regulation of relations between herbivore mammals and plants. Journal of Zoology, 1975, 54 (5),741-751.
- Abaturov B.D. Mammals as the component of ecosystems (herbivore mammals in semi-arid zones), Moscow, Nauka, 1984.
- Abaturov B.D. Changing small forms of the relief and hydrophysical parameters of loam semi-desert soils under the influence of grazing. Soil studies, 1991, 8, 6-17.
- Abaturov B.D., Fecadu Kassae, Kusnetsov G.V., Magomedov M.-R.D., Petelin D.A. Nutritional estimate of population of some wild free-ranging African ungulates in grassland (Nechisar National park, Ethiopia) in dry season. Ecography. V. 18. № 2. P. 164-172.
- Abaturov B.D., Kuznetsov G.V., Magomedov M.R.D., Petelin D.A., Fekadu K. Evaluating food supply of wild undulates in dry seasons at meadow pastures in Ethiopia. Zoology journal, 1996, 75 (3), 439-450.
- Abaturov B.D., Petrishchev B.I., Kolesnikov M.P., Subbotin A.E. Seasonal dynamics of saiga antelope food resources and nutrition at natural pastures in semi-arid zones. Current advances in biology, 1998, 118 ( 5), 564-584.
- Abaturov B.D. Critical parameters of plant food for saiga antelope (Saiga tatarica) at natural pastures in semi-arid zones. Zoology journal, 1999, 78 (8), 999-1010.
- Abaturov B.D. Undulates grazing aftermath for the ecosystems of semi-arid zones. Ecological processes in arid ecosystems. Academician V.N. Sukachev XIX Readings, 2001, 57-83.
- Abaturov B.D., Kolesnikov M.P., Nikonova O.A., Pozdnyakova M.K. Quantitative assessment of free-ranging mammal herbivores in natural habitat. Zoology journal, 2003, 82 (1), 104-114.
- Abaturov B.D. Food supply and survival of herbivore mammal populations. Zoology journal, 2005, 84 (10), 1251 -1271.
- Abaturov B.D., Larionov K.O., Kolesnikov M.K., Nikonova O.A. Saiga antelope food supply at pastures with different types of plants. Zoology Journal, 2005, 84( 3), 377-390.
- Abaturov B.D. Pasture type of steppe and desert ecosystems functioning. Current Advances in Biology. 2006, 126(5), 435-447.
- Abaturov B.D. Saiga antelope population in Russia and problems of its preservation. Proceedings of the Russian Academy of Sciences. 2007. 77, № 9. 785-793.
- Abaturov B.D., Kulakova N.Yu. Role of animal grazing and burning the grass in steppes in nitrogen cycle and ash elements in steppe grazing ecosystems. Arid ecosystems, 2010, 16(2), 54-64.
- Abaturov B.D., Subbotin A.E. Forage quality thresholds for Saiga antelope in a semi-deserts rangeland // Russian journal of theriology. 10. No 2. 71-81.
- Abaturov B.D., Konyushkova M.V. Development of semi-arid ecosystems in northern Caspian Sea region. Study of sea and land ecosystems in Arctic and arid climate: International Science Conference (6-11 June, 2011, Rostov-on-Don), 2011, 132-135.
- Abaturov B.D., Nakhimovskaya Yu.D. Qualitative evaluation of plant biomass and its components at steppe pastures. Arid ecosystems, 2013, Vol. 19, № 4 (57), 15-24
- Abaturov B.D. Competitive division of grass and wood plant communities in steppe and forest natural zones. Current Advances in Biology, 2014, 134 (5), 494-502.
- Abaturov B.D., Djapova R.R. Saiga antelope (Saiga tatarica) steppe pastures with different correlation of grasses and wildflowers. Russian Academy of Sciences. Biology series. 2015, 2, 207-214.